Best Gastro doctor in Gurgaon
Dr. Atul Sharma has immense 13+ years of experience in the field of Gastroenterology. He has been trained in best Gastroenterology center of the country at SGPGIMS, Lucknow followed by Post Doctoral Fellowship in Advanced Interventional GI Endoscopy at world renowned center, Baldota Institute of Digestive Sciences (BIDS), Mumbai. During his training, he has many national and international papers in the field of Luminal gastroenterology, Manometry and Interventional Gastroenterology. He has presented several papers and delivered many lectures in India at various conferences.
MBBS | MD | DM (Gastroenterology) | Best Gastro Doctor in India, Gurgaon, Sector-56
Research and Presentations
- MD thesis: Clinical and laboratory profile of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in Kashmir Valley.
- Presented MD thesis at 13th Postgraduate Research Presentation Programme, April 2008, Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar.
- DM Project 1: Frequency of fructose malabsorption in IBS patients: A Case –Control study.
- DM Project 2: Fecal evacuation disorder among patients with Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome: A case-control study.
- Rare presentation of CMV infection in Ulcerative colitis: Case presentation: presented at Single theme conference on IBD “Current Perspective and Future Challenges” held on 7th April 2013 at GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi.
- Fecal evacuation disorder in patients with SRUS presented at 3rd Mid-term Meeting of the Indian Motility & Functional Diseases Association held on 17-18th May 2014 at SGPGIMS, Lucknow.
- Frequency of fructose malabsorption in IBS patients: A Case –Control study. Poster presentation at 54th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Gastroenterology “ISGCON 2013” held on 28th Nov to 1st Dec 2013 at Gujarat University Convention Centre, Ahmedabad, India.
- Achalasia cardia : rare presentation presented at Lucknow clinics of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2011.
- Occult GI bleed & Hook worm infestation: underestimated cause. presented at Lucknow clinics of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2012.
- Complex Bile duct injury with bilioma: Endoscopic management presented at Lucknow clinics of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2013.
- Acute hepatitis B Vs reactivation presented at Lucknow clinics of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2014.
- Treatment of HCV infection in CKD patient planned for renal transplantation presented at Symposium of Liver disease organized by SGPGIMS Lucknow. 2014.
- Endoscopic management of internally migrated pancreatic duct stent at a tertiary care centre in India. Poster presentation at 55th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Gastroenterology “ISGCON 2014” held on 18th Dec to 22nd Dec 2013 at Hotel Renaissance, Powai , BIDS, Global Hoapital, Mumbai, India.
- Is ESWL without ERCP suitable as a primary treatment modality for patients with chronic pancreatitis in tropical countries: Does the stone load matter? Poster presentation at 55th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Gastroenterology “ISGCON 2014” held on 18th Dec to 22nd Dec 2013 at Hotel Renaissance, Powai , BIDS, Global Hoapital, Mumbai, India.
- Presidential Poster selection in 4th Biennial congress of Asian Neurogastroenterology & Motility Association held on 7th-8th February, 2015 at Hyatt Ragency Manesar, Delhi, India.
- Sharma A, Ghoshal UC. Low FODMAP diet in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome: is it the end of the road or the beginning of a journey? Gastroenterology. 2014 Jun;146(7).
- Sharma A, Ghoshal UC, Mishra A. Fecal evacuation disorder among patients with Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome: A case-control study. J Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2014 Oct 30;20(4):531-8.
- Sharma A, Shrivastava D, Verma A, Mishra A, Ghoshal UC. Fructose malabsorption is not uncommon among patients with irritable bowel syndrome in India: a case–control study. Indian J Gastroenterol 2014 Sep;33(5):466-70.
- Hemanta K Nayak, Vivek Anand Saraswat, Samir Mohindra, Atul Sharma, and Uday C. Successful combined (transpapillary and transmural) management of a large biloma and bile duct injury: a case report and review of literature. Journal of Digestive Endoscopy; Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p119
- Endoscopic management of internally migrated pancreatic duct stent at a tertiary care centre in India. Poster presentation accepted at Digestive Disease Week (DDW) 2015 held at Washington DC, USA from May 16-19, 2015.
- Is ESWL without ERCP suitable as a primary treatment modality for patients with chronic pancreatitis in tropical countries: Does the stone load matter? . Poster presentation accepted at Digestive Disease Week (DDW) 2015 held at Washington DC, USA from May 16-19, 2015.
- Submucosal tunneling and endoscopic resection of a large, esophageal leiomyoma. Maydeo A, Sharma A, Bhandari S, Dhir V. Gastrointest Endosc. 2015 Nov;82(5):954.
- Usefulness of single-operator cholangioscopy-guided laser lithotripsy in patients with Mirizzi syndrome and cystic duct stones: experience at a tertiary care center. Bhandari S, Bathini R, Sharma A, Maydeo A. Gastrointest Endosc. 2016 Jul;84(1):56-61. doi: 10.1016/j.gie.2015.12.025. Epub 2016 Jan 5
- Endoscopic management of internally migrated pancreatic duct stents (with video). Bhandari S, Sharma A, Bathini R, Maydeo A.Indian J Gastroenterol. 2016 Mar;35(2):91-100.
Part of Present Projects
- Prospective evaluation of preoperative biliary drainage using endoscopic ultrasound guided hepato-gastrostomy (EUS-HGS) in distal malignant biliary obstruction.
- EUS guided pseudocyst drainage: Prospective evaluation of short term placement of fully covered self expanding meal stents followed by pancreatic ductal stenting (The BIDS Protocol)
Skills and Interest
Academic Skills & Interest
- Luminal: Barrett’s esophagus, GERD, High resolution endoscopic assessment, Motility Disorders, IBS, Fecal evacuation disorder (FED) and IBD
- Hepato-pancreatico-biliary: Chronic hepattis, Chronic liver disease, Biliary obstruction, Acute and chronic pancreatitis.
Interventional Skills & Interest
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Upper GI Endoscopy (especially variceal and non-variceal GI Bleed, Polypectomy, stricture dilation, Achalasia pneumatic dilation and self expanding metal stenting (SEMS).
- High resolution endoscopic assessment
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Lower GI Endoscopy (SRUS APC, Polypectomy, stricture dilation, self expanding metal stenting (SEMS) and hemorrhoidal banding)
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR) & Endoscopic Submucosal Resection (ESD)
- Endoscopic retrograde Cholangiopancreaticography (ERCP) especially therapeutic pancreatico-biliary management and metal stenting.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS): Diagnostic and Threapeutic (especially FNAC and EUS guided cystogastrostomy).
- Esophageal and Ano-rectal manometry and assessment.
Future Plan & Interest
- Per Oral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM)